Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Printer Driver Generator 1.3.0.0 | Novell User Communities

Printer Driver Generator 1.3.0.0 | Novell User Communities: "Printer Driver Generator 1.3.0.0"


Nice little tool to regenerate a printer INF file...





license:
Free
This is a small tool that I wrote out of need. I do believe that this tool may be of use to others, but it's still in beta phase, and I need feedback from users, Please :-)
Problem:
I have a printer that did not come with an INF-based printer driver,but instead with a setup.exe-based driver / or integrated with Windows. I don't run iPrint, but only Point-And-Print, or NDPS. How do I distribute this driver?
Answer:
Install this program on your PC, and run PDrvGen.exe, select the printer, and select "Generate".An INF-based driver will now be generated!
What's new in version 1.3.0.0:
  • Gray Cash from the USA had a small, but nice request, that I preserved the version info in the driver, if it was present in the origen driver.
    That way, troubleshooting would be a lot easier to do.
PDrvGen will now extract and save the Driver Version info"
What's new in version 1.2.0.0:
  • Theo Pluym found an HP Driver that wasn't written that well, since it didn't liked a space between the parameters. Since I figured, that other drivers might suffer from the same problem, I corrected PDrvGen to generate inf-files without this.

    Download : PDRVGen.zip

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Getting an error on Win2008R2 when clicking Generate - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified: Unable read MULTISZ value

    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting the same error, trying to generate drivers for the HP Laserjet 5si MX on Windows 7 64-bit. "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. :Unable to read MULTI_SZ value."

    ReplyDelete